I have become a bit obsessed with heavy whipping cream over the past year. I believe it started when I went through my brief crêpe phase and learned to make whip cream to fill them. The crêpe phase didn’t stick but the whip sure did! It is so easy and tastes so much better made from scratch! I love to buy the heavy whipping cream at Aldi’s, it’s about half the price from other grocery stores and I love that it lasts a long time in the fridge!
Here are a few things we like to make with heavy whipping cream:
Plain Heavy Whipping Cream:
- Mashed potatoes: Add a touch of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream for an amazing flavor and creaminess!
- Butternut squash: In addition to the recipe you love, add heavy whipping cream in the “cup” of each side. So good!
- Chocolate whipped cream on raspberry red wine slushy: Click Here for Wine Slushy Recipe
- Make a creamy pasta sauce
- Crème Brulé (I have not tried this yet, but is on my list to make since this is my favorite dessert!)
Regular Whipped Topping:
- On top of chocolate chippy pancakes
- On top of pumpkin pie pancakes: Use your favorite pancake mix, add about 1/3 cup of pumpkin, splash of vanilla, dash of cinnamon, mix and cook as normal (sorry, I don’t measure, but the family loves these!)
- With strawberries
- With angel food
- S’mores dip: Mix with a dab of marshmallow fluff, throw in some chocolate chips and dip with graham crackers
- On brownies
Whipped Topping with Pudding Mix:
- On Graham Crackers
- On Angel Food
- Frosting for cake, cookies or cupcakes
- On Rice Krispy Treats
- Frosting for Sugar Cookies
- Frosting for Cake and Cupcakes
For Valentines day, I will make something the whole family will love. Brownies with strawberries and cream! What are some of your favorite recipes using Heavy Whipping Cream?